Friday, July 29, 2011

Letter to My Love

Dear Novel,

I'm not ignoring you, I swear. I know I haven't seen you in a few days, but it's been a rough couple of weeks. You'll be happy to know I met my goal of 10k words for the month of July, and it was all with you. I wouldn't mess around with another novel behind your back. Sometimes I think about flirting with a short story or a having passionate fling with couple of poems, but I always come back to you. I love you, Novel. I've loved many before you, and there may be others when our time is through, but they'll never have our story.

You and me, we've got something special.

I promise to go the distance this time. I'll take you all the way to the publisher. I'll get you the book deal you deserve.

And, don't worry. No matter my emotions when we part; I'll tell the next editor who sees your exposed secrets to be gentle.



-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment