Monday, August 10, 2015

Butter My Butt

...And call me a biscuit!

It would seem the book I thought (and have thought for several years) was going to be the last in this series is not the last in this series. Don't look at me, it wasn't my idea. I was all set to finish this chapter and put my characters to bed, but apparently they've had too much sugar and don't want to settle down. So, as I find myself just shy of the 70k mark, I am now at a loss for what happens next. I mean, I sort of know what happens. Or I knew what was going to happen. In a very basic sense. Now, I'm not so sure.

I'm sure all writers have had this happen. It's happened to me before, but not to this extent. I more or less knew there were going to be four books in this series when I started it back in 2009. But now it looks like there will be five, which means the spinoff series is going to have to wait.

Sorry, Mae. You won't be stuck as a toddler forever, I promise.

Unfortunately, that poses a problem in the Death category. I came to terms with the fact that I was going to lose one of my favorite characters in this book, but I might get a little more time with him. Someone has to die, though. And the person I wasn't planning on killing will probably be killed instead. One person is going down, but maybe not everyone. I'm so confused.

Silly characters...

 -Liz

1 comment:

  1. My series was originally going to be four books, but now it's at six - and I haven't even finished the second one yet. Fortunately, I know how it's going to end. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure how to get there.

    ReplyDelete