Thursday, April 7, 2011

I win!

Take that, writer's block! I am the victor! I went, I conquered, I rule! I am triumphant! So, neener neener to you!

As you might have guessed, I have conquered my writer's block. This is a cause for celebration. I've been suffering from varying degrees of this nasty affliction for several months. The final stage was particularly gruesome, because its affects would wax and wane. I would be fine to write a whimsical short story, but useless when working on a novel. Or even worse, fine for a few paragraphs and then unable to grasp fundamental rules of grammar. This last one is a personal hell for me, because I obsess about having very clean work. And once the keyboard is spotless, I start in on the adverbs.

This horrible affliction caused me to hate what started as a wonderful new novel that I was certain would lead to my first publication. This was my unfinished 2010 NaNoWriMo project that stalled after a few hundred pages. And that was in November, so you can see how long this has been a problem.

I haven't exactly welcomed this project back with open arms, but what I have done is revise a couple of evil chapters in my novel, Chosen, which is the first book in a series of four (though the fourth hasn't been started yet) and my 2009 NaNo project. It isn't the first time I've revised (after all, I AM the editing queen), but it put a kink in what had otherwise been a very successful revision, one I was using as the solution to my previously stated writing problems.

So, you can guess how excited I am.

*throws confetti*



- Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment