Monday, November 19, 2012

Gobble, Gobble. Bang! Yum :-)

If you can't tell, I've got turkey on the brain. It IS almost Thanksgiving. I'll be working the holiday, but there will be food aplenty, so I'm still excited. And who doesn't love the opportunity to stuff themselves silly and be plagued with minor self-loathing the next morning?

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but there's been a lot going on. I'm officially a resident of Colorado! I was living here before, but I recently bought a house, so now the state is stuck with me. I think we're growing on each other.

I'm still a writer. I haven't written anything lately, but it still stands to reason that I can, therefore I am. Or something like that. I've had grand ideas and shitty ideas and everything in between, but I lack the time to put my butt in a chair (or the floor, or on a bed) and get to it. I know it sounds like an excuse, but twelve and thirteen hour days don't leave you a lot of time to argue. Sometimes sleep is more important. Especially when you're sick.

Yes, I'm diseased again. You know, for the fifty-seventh time. This time I have pertussis (whooping cough to the general public) and have since the middle of summer. The damn thing just doesn't want to go away. But we all know that my immune system is, for lack of a better word, "special" so it's not like this is a surprise. I've bounced from one antibiotic to another and back again, making things better, and then much worse. But I'm getting used to it. And there are worse things you can have, like tonsillitis, which I had a couple of weeks ago.

So, I'm still alive. I'm still plotting. I'm still terrorizing the nation, but in a non-illegal sort of way. And I will write again! In the meantime, I have horses.



-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment