Friday, August 5, 2011

And the Winner Is...

Mono!

That's right. I'm officially one of those super lucky individuals with recurrent mono. I'm so excited. Okay, well, not really excited, but I get a week off (more for my sanity than my illness, as the doctor thinks I'll be fine to go back to work Tuesday), so I won't have to venture into the office until August 15th. I haven't had a vacation since Christmas.

Right now I'm sleeping a lot, but I expect to be climbing the walls within seventy-two hours. I'm not very good at "taking a break". I don't do well with resting. Though, I do have a lot of missed episodes of my favorite shows to catch up on.

Sick or no, I hope I'll be able to get some work done on Bleed in the next week. I don't have to go all mad scientist and blow through 15k in a week (but how awesome would that be?), but I think I'll be a little disappointed if I go back to work without accomplishing anything.

But I must remember: sleep first, work (even writing type work) later.

We'll see how long it takes for me to throw that rule out the window....



-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment